(This post was previously a “Page” titled “Congress vs The Constitution” that was created July 20, 2013.)
THE MOST POWERFUL MEMBERS OF CONGRESS would have us believe that the problems of the nation are caused by the Administration and the Courts. THEY ARE DECEIVING US.
The Constitution makes it clear that it is the Congress that writes the laws, raises or lowers taxes, approves all federal spending and borrowing, commits us to war, approves the Administration’s Cabinet and Supreme Court nominations, and creates or abolishes all federal courts. The Congress and the Congress alone is responsible.
Following are just a few examples of how they are failing to honor their oath of office. If you read the Plain English Constitution you can probably come up with dozens more.
1. THE CONSTITUTION SAYS: : The Congress and ONLY THE CONGRESS CAN MAKE LAWS (ART. I, SECT. 1).
The “health-care law” is commonly referred to as “Obamacare”, but no President can make or repeal any law. Actually, it is HR 3962, titled – “Preservation of Access to Care for Medicare Beneficiaries and Pension Relief Act of 2010”. It was written by a multitude of mostly unknown authors and despite having little or no knowledge of its cost to the nation and complete indifference to its impact on American life it was PASSED INTO LAW BY THE CONGRESS. Health Care Act
2. THE CONSTITUTION SAYS: : All revenue bills must ORIGINATE IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES (Art. I, Sect. 7).
CONGRESS AND ONLY CONGRESS is responsible for all taxes including the 72 thousand incomprehensible pages of loop-holes and special rules it calls the tax-code. 2011 72,536 pages . No President can create or repeal a tax.
3. THE CONSTITUTION SAYS: : The President may make appointments to the various federal offices, ONLY WITH THE ADVICE AND CONSENT OF THE SENATE (Art. II, Sect. 2).
Our current President has made Cabinet appointments for a crowd of his Chicago political cronies. Van Jones has resigned under media pressure about his radical activism and Atty. Gen. Holder is being held in contempt of Congress for his refused to answer questions re: the gun running issue. Many other appointees are of questionable backgrounds, but THE CONGRESS APPROVED THEM ALL. Atty. Gen. in Contempt
4. THE CONSTITUTION SAYS: : CONGRESS establishes ALL federal courts inferior to the Supreme Court (Art. III, Sect. 1), (Art. I, Sect. 8).
The 9th Cir. Court of Appeals invited11 FOREIGN COUNTRIES to submit “friend-of-the-court briefs” in a suit opposing Arizona’s immigration laws. A few Senators “introduced legislation” to block the original suit but THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES DID NOTHING about the court’s invitation to foreign participation.
5. THE CONSTITUTION SAYS: : ONLY CONGRESS has the power to “declare war” (Art. I, Sect. 8).
Since WW II we have fought nine wars with NO DECLARATIONS FROM CONGRESS. Nine undeclared wars since WWII .
6. THE CONSTITUTION SAYS: : The president shall have power to make treaties, ONLY WITH THE ADVICE AND CONSENT OF THE SENATE (Art. II, Sect. 2).
Our current President is recorded saying to the President of Russia, “This (2012) is my last election. And after my election I have more flexibility.”. The statement seems to promise future concessions to a foreign country. CONGRESS BLUSTERED IN THE MEDIA BUT DID NOTHING. U.S. President to Russian President.
7. THE CONSTITUTION SAYS: Supreme Court judges are appointed by the President, ONLY WITH THE ADVICE AND CONSENT OF THE SENATE (Art. II, Sect. 2).
In the Congressional hearings to approve or disapprove Judge Sonia Sotomayor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court the Judge declares her bias saying, “I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences (meaning herself) would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life”. CONGRESS APPROVED HER APPOINTMENT. openly biased Supreme Court Justices .